One Of My Favorite TV Stars Arrested Early This Morning
So Kiefer Sutherland was arrested this moring and charged with a DUI. Apparently he made an illegal U-Turn and was stopped by officers. Sutherland tested about the .08 limit, was arrested and released around 4am. It looks like no one, not even Jack Bauer is above the law.My issue with things like this is pretty simple. And before I even start to rant here, let me give you this disclaimer. I am a huge Kiefer Sutherland and 24 fan. When the new seasons of 24 start, you can set your clock as to where I am Monday nights at 9 pm. I think Kiefer is one of the best actors of his generation and a role model for many. That is where I have a problem. Many people look up to Mr. Sutherland as both a role model and a human. Many Hollywood stars shun the celebrity that is thrust upon them, and insist they don't want to be role models. The simple fact is, it is a desgination they are given whether or not they like it. Making $20,0000.00 a movie and having people look up to you is a small price to pay for that kind of salary.
I hope Kiefer learns a lesson from this. He still has a very bright future, and I look forward to both the new season of 24 which starts in January, and any more movies he might have a role in.
