Monday, September 24, 2007

Fake Bomb At Logan International Airport

So many have heard about this chick from M.I.T. whom was arrested for possessing a hoax device and disturbing the peace. She had a black hoodie on, and attached to it was a circuit board and a nine volt battery. After someone spotted her, authorities were immediately notified and subdued her. It turned out of course, that she was wearing nothing explosive or posed no danger to anyone. If you saw any pictures of her before or after the incident, you might be like me and wonder if this chick is all there.

Alright, so all you hear about on the news is i.d.e.'s (improvised explosive devices) killing soliders in Iraq and suicide bombers in Israel killing innocent people in markets and other public places. People are on edge of things like this because they replay them everynight on the news. It also should come as to no concern that two out of the four hijacked planes on September 11, 2001 came out of Logan International. This chick really should have a reality check and come back down to Earth. Based on what she looks like, I would not have a hard time at all saying she is a few bricks short of a mansion.

Everyone has their own opinions about things, but I think for someone who is intelligent, enough so to get into M.I.T., she exercised horrible judgement. I have noticed a trend in the last several years. People are really either book smart and lack most social functions (fake bombers at Logan), or someone is either really social apt but lack book smarts (see former NFL player who shares a name with a favorite breakfast drink). It will be very interesting to see what happens to this former Hawaii native. I have a feeling her attorneys will reference her extracurricular activities and how this is her first run-in with the law. It sucks how our legal system behaves, but so is the nature of the beast.